1. Outline the levels of organization covered in this biological sciences and in particular those levels for anatomy and physiology.
2. Outline the characteristics of life.
3. Why have sex? (From a biological standpoint that is)
4. What and why is it important to know the “official” anatomical position?
5. State the separate body cavities and the organs found in each.
6. Compare and contrast a mucous, serous, and cutaneous membrane.
7. Divide the body by quadrants and the nine abdominal pelvic regions and the major organs in each.
8. State the 11 body systems and at least one function for each. Use the mnemonic if you can remember the mnemonic.
9. Differentiate between positive and negative feedback systems.
10. Analyze why positive feedback is rare compared to negative feedback.
11. List the parameters of homeostasis in humans.
12. Compare a sign to a symptom.
13. Outline a SAMPLE history.
Homeostasis Cell Tissue Organ
Important textbook figures
Figures: 1.5, 1.7, 1.9, 1.13
Important textbook exhibits
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home