1. Outline the divisions of the nervous system.
2. Categorize the various nervous cell types and state their location, shape, and functions.
3. Diagram and label a typical neuron.
4. Analyze the movement of material within an axon and differentiate between fast and slow transport systems.
5. List and describe the various types of ion channels with respect to the ion, rate of flow, and functions.
6. Outline the resting and action potentials.
7. List the causes of depolarization.
8. Compare and contrast relative and absolute refractory periods.
9. Distinguish between the three fiber types as to location, size, myelination, function, and speed of conduction.
10. Describe the physiology of salutatory conduction.
11. State the important features and functions of a synapse.
12. Differentiate between chemical and electrical synapses.
13. Compare and contrast EPSP and IPSP.
14. Outline the chemical classification of neurotransmitters.
15. List the various types, functions, locations, pathologies of the neurotransmitters listed in class.
16. Diagram and state the functions of the types of wiring of neuronal circuits.
MSJC Home Page