1. T F Phantom pain is an example of inappropriate projection.
2. T F Pain is an example of a phasic adaptation rate.
3. T F A special sense are more complex than general senses.
4. T F Another name for visceroceptors is interoceptors.
5. T F A tactile disc has a faster adaptation rate than the corpuscles of touch.
6. T F The structure for pressure sensations is the type II mechanoreceptors.
7. T F All receptors if overwhelmed will exhibit pain.
8. T F The area of the brain associated with acute pain is the Ventrobasal complex.
9. T F Red wines cause more headaches than white wines.
10. T F Avocados and figs are two foods linked to migraine headaches.
11. All of the following
are used to treat pain except:
D. prefrontal lobotomy
12. Second order neurons
start at the spinal cord and go to the:
E. both C and D
13. Upper motor neurons
extend from the precentral gyrus to the:
A. spinal cord
B. post central gyrus
D. cerebral cortex
E. none of the above
14. Short term memory is
the result of ________ circuits.
A. parallel after discharge
E. all of the above are posssible
15. The brain areas most
commonly associated with memory are the hippocampus, cerebral corted, and the:
16. The brain wave associated
with mental activity is the__________wave
17. The brain wave considered
normal in a child yet pathological in the awake adult is the _______________
18. One of the first triggers
to initiate sleep is low:
19. The EEG waves during
deep sleep are__________ waves.
20. The spinal cord tract
for the corpora quadrigemina is the
A. rubrospinal tract
B. tectospinal tract
C. corticospinal tract
D. spinothalamic tract
E. spinocerebellar tract
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home