1. Chart the differences between the autonomic nervous and somatic nervous systems.
2. Compare and contrast the pre- and post- ganglionic fibers.
3. List and describe the three rami.
4. Describe how the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems behave differently.
5. Compare and contrast cholinergic and adrenergic receptors.
6. State the subclasses of cholinergic and adrenergic receptors with regard to action and effectors.
7. Diagram the anatomy of the paravertebral, prevertebral, and terminal ganglionic systems.
8. List the cranial nerve cell bodies and body part served for the terminal ganglionic system.
9. LIst the body areas not served by the parasympathetic nervous system.
10. Fill-in a chart for the action of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems on various organs and excititory, inhibitory, or no known effect.
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home