1. Compare and contrast the nervous system to the endocrine system.
2. Classify hormones based on mode of release.
3. Classify hormones based on chemical structure and solubility.
4. Describe and list the importance of the transport mechanisms for lipid soluble hormones.
5. State the role of the liver in the transport of lipid soluble hormones.
6. Diagram the second messenger system for water soluble hormones.
7. State the enzyme pathway for hormone deactivation.
8. Describe the three types of hormonal interactions and provide an example for each.
9. Provide the anatomy, physiology, and selected patholgies with each of the hormones mentioned in class.
10. Essay question: Tell me everything you know about diabetes. Include causes, types, treatments, short term pathologies, long term pathologies, etc..
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home