1. Compare and contrast non-specific and specific disease defense mechanisms.
2. List the mechanisms of microbiota disease defense.
3. List and describe the disease defenses of the various organs/tissues of the body.
4. Outline the steps of the inflammatory process.
5. Describe the beneficial aspects of a fever and state how a fever is produced.
6. Diagram and label the spleen, thymus, and lymph node.
7. Trace the flow of lymph through the body.
8. Compare primary lymphatic organs to secondary lymph organs.
9. Diagram the B and T cell system of immunity.
10. Diagram and label a typical antibody
11. Describe the classification of immunoglobulins.
12. List the five functions of antibodies and one function of each.
13. Compare and contrast active and passive vaccination.
14. List the reasons why it is difficult to vaccinate against all diseases.
15. Describe the five types of immune hypersensitivities.
16. Outline the sequence of events of an HIV infection.
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home