1. List the functions of the respiratory system.
2. Distinquish the upper and lower respiratory systems as well as conducting and respiratory portions.
3. Identify the anatomy of the respiratory system as mentioned in lecture.
4. List the area and anatomical features of the nasopharnyx, oropharnyx, and laryngopharynx.
5. Label the 9 cartilages of the larynx and state how they function during the production of voice and swallowing.
6. State the intrinsic and extrinsic muscles of voice.
7. State the associated structures of voice.
8. Describe the areas and anatomy of the bronchi and bronchioles.
9. Describe the process of ventilation listing the muscles involved and the importance of the intrapleural pressure.
10. Define the important lung volumes and state their application in medical diagnosis.
11. Describe the sequence of events leading to emphysema.
12. Describe the mechanisms of breathing regulation by the nervous system.
13. Analyze the transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
14. Diagram the internal transport of carbon dioxide.
15.Compare the oxygen dissociation curve under various environmental conditions.
16. List and define the important gas laws related to the respiratory system.
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home