1. State the two basic mechanisms of digestion and give a specific example for each.
2. State the size of a food particle for absorption to occur.
3. List the basic layers of the digestive tract wall.
4. List the three pairs of salivary glands and the of type secretion for each.
5. Describe the characteristics of saliva.
6. Diagram and label a typical tooth.
7. List the various types and functions of teeth.
8. State the epithelial characteristics of the esophagus.
9. Diagram and label a stomach.
10. List the cell types within the stomach and their secretions.
11. Describe the functions of gastrin, secretin, and CCK.
12. Explain the difference between the exocrine and endocrine functions of the pancreas.
13. List and describe the enzymes secreted by the pancreas.
14. State the lobes of the liver.
15. Label a liver lobule.
16. List and describe the functions of the liver.
17. List the constituents of bile.
18. List and describe the enzymes secreted by the small intestine.
19. State the three areas of the small intestine and their relative length.
20. Compare and contrast voluntary and involuntary defication.
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home