1. List the functions of the skin.
2. Describe the role of the skin in the biosynthesis of vitamin D.
3. Describe the anatomy of the skin by stating the characteristics of each layer.
4. Compare and contrast the epidermis to the dermis.
5. Outline the production of melanin and carotene how these relate to pigmentation differences amoung races.
6. Diagram a typical hair follicle including all the features listed in lecture.
7. Discuss the cyclical nature of hair growth.
8. Describe sebaceous glands with respect to areas of occurance and material secreted.
9. Differentiate between the two types of sweat glands.
10. State the location and function of ceruminous glands.
11. Describe the incidence of decubitis, its area of occurance, and methods of prevention.
12. Classify burns and state the treatments and risk factors associated with each type.
13. State the tissue origins for and success potential for autograft, homograft, and xenograft.
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home