1. T F An articulation is a joint between a bone and a muscle or another bone and teeth but not to cartilage.
2. T F Another name for congenital metatarsus varus is pigeon toed.
3. T F The transverse arch is formed from the cubiod, navicular, and calcaneous bones.
4. T F Hyperpronation of the foot may lead to chondromalacia of the tibia.
5. T F Another name of talipes is a bunion.
6. T F The medial retinaculum is one of the the "Cs" in knee injury.
7. T F Arthritis in all cases by defintion is inflammation of a joint.
8. T F Rheumatoid arthritis is more common in females.
9. T F Gouty arthritis is more common in males than females.
10. T F The tension of ligaments in a joint limits the range of motion in a joint.
Match the following to the degree of movement.
11._____Teeth A. synarthrosis
12._____Radius and ulna B. diarthrosis
13._____Hip joint C. Amphiarthrosis
Match the following to the structural classification
17._____sacroiliac joint A. fibrous
19._____epiphyseal plate B. Synovial
21 _____axis to atlas C.Cartilage
Match the following joints to the axis of rotation
22.______femur and hip
24.______radius to humerus A. nonaxial
25._____ulna to humerus B.monaxial
26._____head to atlas C.biaxial
27._____carpal bones D. triaxial
28._____talus to tibia and fibula
Match the shape of the joint to the specific joint
29.____talus to navicular A. pivot
30.____acetabulum to femur B. ball and socket
31.____glenoid to humerus C. hinge
32.____schaphoid to radius D. ellipsoidal
33.____trochlear to humerus E. saddle
35.____radius to ulna
Sterling's Home Page
A & P Home